Product Quality Engineer
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
- Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
- The Product Quality Engineer is accountable for oversight of system and hardware quality and risk management throughout the product life cycle. The Product Quality Engineer provides independent oversight of the design planning process, design V&V activities, design transfer and product production, and performance in the field to ensure that all design requirements are effectively met. The Product Quality Engineer also provides analytics to the Business on the efficacy and efficiency of the design and product production processes.
You are responsible for
- Ensure that appropriate quality plans are made that include all stages of the lifecycle of the product and supports Quality plan design
- Provide effective oversight of the execution of the Design Quality Plan, any Risk Management activities, and of all design related activities during the product/system lifecycle
- Performs independent technical assessment on product quality performance and post-market product quality analysis
- Can Lead quality related problem solving and root cause analysis during design and manufacturing
- Use post-market analytics and statistics to report on product quality performance in the field (provide feedback to manufacturing, suppliers or design teams) and initiate field actions when required
- Act as a single point of contact (person assigned to project team) responsible to ensure that hardware design meets quality and compliance standards for every milestone
- Execute risk management activities, biocompatibility testing, product failure rate and reliability estimations.
You are a part of
- Philips Oral Healthcare Product Quality Assurance team in Bothell, WA. Our global Oral Healthcare team provides opportunities to develop your career in a variety of ways; work on global team projects, work with business leaders and influencers to drive change, improve health outcomes and deliver meaningful experiences for the consumer. We are a highly entrepreneurial organization, passionate about developing innovations that meet consumer’s personal health & well-being needs in a unique way, relative to their Mind, Body, and Appearance. Our passion in Oral Healthcare will tap into your innovation with new experiences & desire to make a real impact on our customer’s personal health.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, Engineering highly preferred.
- 3+ years of Quality Engineering experience, experience within Medical Device or other highly regulated industry is preferred. Knowledge of 21CFR 820 and ISO 13485 design controls is preferred.
- Previous experience leading as a quality Subject Matter expert within design
- Experience in performing timely, quality engineering tasks like:
- Assessing quality plans and product designs
- Reviewing test and other performance data
- Analyses of market feedback
- Leading root cause analysis and quality problem solving.
- Independently produce and complete Quality Engineering Documents. Can develop & administer quality related project plans and schedules.
- Individual contributor who acts as mentor to junior team members on quality related projects or issues.
- Good English and Chinese languages skills.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Desirable: Quality Engineering or Quality Reliability Engineering certification.
In return, we offer you
- The opportunity to use your data analytic skills to support products that provide lifesaving diagnostics and therapy. A chance to grow your professional skills in an environment that values diverse ideas and creative approaches.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.