Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
To co- develop electrical (sub-) systems and solutions (including their validation, testing and troubleshooting) for Interventional Guided Therapy Systems (fixed interventional X-ray systems). You will work within a multi-disciplinary team on applying innovation results and technology advancements while taking care of the total system and lead the R&D organization in demonstrating that our systems (including components, units and 3rd party products) complies with the international standards and regulations We work with design partners and suppliers all over the world to realize the design, functionality and safety of the electrical and electronics components as well as of the total system. You assure the final prototype acceptance and execute all formal verification of these parts, which includes EMC and basic safety tests to comply with medical device standards for electrical equipment (IEC60601).
You are responsible for
· Defining requirements and design constraints for the electrical components in accordance with the system requirements, design specifications and architecture with our partners and suppliers
· Electronics and electric design requirements, development, verification, reporting and documentation
· Assure design quality, validation and reliability of our medical products and systems
· Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.
· Setup the test strategy and test plans to comply with Safety and EMC international standards and regulations in alignment with the Norm Compliance and Regulations departments.
· Perform pre- and compliance tests in collaboration with the internal & external labs
· Alignment with other functions (mechanical, mechatronics, software, norm compliance, test and validation, purchase, quality, other), stakeholders and suppliers
· Co-creating, maintaining and carrying out the electronics and electrical team vision / mission / strategy
· Consult and support electrical / mechanical / software designers in design solutions to assure compliance to local and international standards
· Co-create, maintain and improve electronics facilities (labs, equipment, quality of own and suppliers)
· Successful cooperation with your internal / external customers, stakeholders and suppliers
· Successful business and quality model deployment
You are a part of
The newly formed IGT Cluster R&D organization in Philips China and located in Suzhou: a global extension of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Business Unit of Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g., balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe. The team will work on lifecycle management (PQ&M) and new product introductions (PDLM).
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
· Have a minimum a Master of Science or related technical degree in electrical-, electronics-, mechatronics engineering or related engineering discipline.
· A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in professional engineering environment
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in electrical and electronics development and / or measurement (preferable experience in IEC60601-1-2 or other highly regulated industry)
· Experience in new product introduction and / or life-cycle development in a relevant industry
· Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts and able to create and review technical documents
· Being a team player with good coordination skills (soft skills)
· Able to work in cross functional teams
· Good communication skills in English
· Proactive and energetic
· Hands on and accurate
· Experience in SAFe is a pre
· Quality and improvement driven
In return, we offer you
We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.