Procurement Project Manager
You are responsible for
- You represent Procurement in product creation projects, based in the Development Center in Shenzhen.
- You organize early supplier involvement with a Design for excellence (DfX) mindset and you make use of approaches like co-design or cost-reduction workshops ensuring an optimized Total Cost of Ownership (cost, quality, availability) in product and business creation and through their full life cycle.
- You prepare Request for Quotations and project contracts including specs and project requirements with suppliers.
- Support price negotiations with opportunities to drive short- and long-term cost reduction improvement.
- You ensure procurement related risks (cost, quality and availability) are controlled and mitigated, by bringing the relevant procurement colleagues in to the equation.
- In close cooperation with other functions such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Innovation & Development and Procurement Commodity Management, you identify strategic cost reduction opportunities for products in the portfolio and for products in development.
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality in the new supplier/component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects.
You are part of
- The Global Procurement China Local for Local, mainly focus on the PH China business & project, You will be based in Shenzhen, in China. You will report to the Procurement Business Partner, China based in Shenzhen。
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, master's degree preferred, major in a relevant technical discipline, preferably software/computer science
- You have more than 5 years of work experience in ODM/OEM project procurement, product development, new product engineering or project management functions, experience in consumer electronics, personal care products is preferred.
- Good knowledge and experience in Technical/Functional aspects including supporting Design for excellence (DfX), Budget planning, Product Portfolio, Product development. Etc.
- High on energy with a hands-on mentality.
- Strategic thinker, able to combine and structure information to enable data driven decision-making.
- A team player who is both proactive and cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and challenges constructively.
- Understands and is able to challenge blueprints and speculations.
- Good English and Chinese language skills are required.
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won't stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
• Learn more about our business.
• Discover our rich and exciting history.
• Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.