Assistant Manager, Development Quality
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Manage, deliver and monitor a high quality of product to worldwide consumers.
You are responsible for
- Ensure that appropriate quality plans are made that include all stages of the life cycle of the product and supports Quality Plan design
- Validate key design inputs like: usability, reliability, performance, supportability, manufacturability, localizability, safety, security, privacy, serviceability, sustainability and costs
- Provide effective oversight of the execution of the Quality Plan, any Risk Management activities, and of all design related activities during the product/system lifecycle
- Perform independent technical assessment on product quality performance and post-market product quality analysis
- Can Lead quality related problem solving and root cause analysis during design and manufacturing
- Use post-market analytics and statistics to report on product quality performance in the field (provide feedback to manufacturing, suppliers or design teams) and initiates field actions when required)
- Act as a single point of contact (person assigned to project team) responsible to ensure that hardware design meets quality and compliance standards for every milestone
You are a part of
- Quality and Development Team, work with global quality team and knowledge expertise.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, major in engineering discipline or equivalent is essential.
- Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in a quality assurance or quality control role in household appliances, experience in testing laboratory is an advantage.
- Competencies and skills:
- Good command of English and Chinese Language skill is required.
- Demonstrated strong results orientation.
- Proficiency using quality tools such as DFSS, statistical tools such as Minitab, office tools, and various other computer software applications.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet regulatory reporting timeframe and company requirements.
- Be willing to work outside of normal working hours as needed to accommodate businesses in multiple time zones.
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation with demonstrated ability to function independently and in a group environment.
- Requires the proven ability to consistently meet and/or exceed goals.
- Must be capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering results on time.
- Able to exercise sound judgment within Philips using standard operating procedures and policies to determine appropriate action to achieve objectives.
- We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won't stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
• Learn more about our business.
• Discover our rich and exciting history.
• Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.