Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Make a great contribution through verification of innovative consumer products. You take ownership to the execution of various types of mechanical design verification and marketing claims related tests and support on other verification activities such as development of test methods and creation of simple test apparatus, reports generation and maintenance of test equipment.
You are responsible for
· Development of reproducible and maintainable test methods (mechanical and electronical test methods for elements, (sub)system integration, functional and non-functional tests) corresponding to design input specifications
· Conducting feasibility studies on new marketing claims related to product performance and end user benefits
· Assisting the development lead to create smart test designs optimized for costs, timing, quality, and test location
· Tests and measurements coordination, execution and reporting
· Analyzing and post-processing of measurement data by using statistical techniques
· MSA/ test method validation
· Carrying out testing and providing technical documentation in compliance with internal procedures and regulations/ standards applicable for consumer products (e.g. according to ISO 13485, 21CR820, ISO 17025 and GDP, IEC 60335)
· Supporting/ leading problem solving activities in order to determine root cause of the problem
· Contributing to functional continuous improvement plan and knowledge base
· Mentoring and supporting team members within development on tests methods and test equipment
· Effective collaboration and communication with cross-functional teams
· Important responsibility #5
You are a part of
You will join the Test and Verification Team, a group within product development in the Grooming and Beauty Category located in our new Shenzhen Philips Innovation Center.
A new team of 5+ people are being formed, who are highly skilled, flexible, dynamic and multi-cultural. You will support verification of newly developed Philips Grooming and Beauty products such as facial and hair trimmers, hair dryers and stylers. You will work closely with T&V engineers, T&V architects and test executers
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
· BS degree in mechanical or electronics engineering, mechatronics, physics or comparable subject
· 5+ years of experience in R&D area or manufacturing (engineering, test development, manufacturing, quality assurance or research) including solid understanding of design verification process
· 3+ years of experience in designing, executing, and documenting test methods
· Understanding of MSA methodology/ test method validation, statistical techniques
· Good communication skills (English) and social skills since you will be collaborating with colleagues internationally of many disciplines
· Ability to work in group – flexibility in order to work with and provide support for number of people
· Practical, with a strong hands-on mentality, also able to manage and delegate tasks when necessary
· Experience in creating high quality technical documentation
· Good understanding of development process and testing of consumer products
· Strong analytical skills (detail data analysis, effective research, creative thinking and efficient problem solving)
· Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner
In return, we offer you
A promising professional career development platform. Work in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges; you will be empowered to drive groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.