Industrial Cost Engineer I&D
· Leading and owning the Design to Value analysis by supporting the project teams to translate technical specification into part and product cost.
· Building and understanding of cost structures of design concepts and products, evaluating design options to identify cost drivers, analyzing cost vs. benefit for optional scenarios and presenting the results for decision making in materials/components selection in close collaboration with Procurement Engineering and Industrial Cost Engineering.
· You will initiate, participate, or lead cost improvement and DfX project teams, always searching for new developments and alternatives, which can improve our product portfolios and have a great impact on the total business. Special focus for OEM/ODM supply based innovations and lifecycle projects to augment value and reduce product cost.
· Supporting and challenging development, procurement, and our own factories during the innovation process to develop and deliver solution according financial and technical goals, always with the Philips "first time right" approach in mind.
· You will be involved in new innovation projects from the beginning to set up profitability analysis and investigating alternative scenarios to achieve our ambitious business goals
· For the innovation and business teams you will be the adviser on all financial-technical related issues, e.g. evaluating the costs of internal versus external production, TCO analysis and supplier selection as well as analyzing the business case impact (on PnL and balance sheet) for different scenarios.
· Further you will be responsible to create and share knowledge on local cost structures and cost drivers as well as market overviews and benchmarks (e.g. typical manufacturing processes, understanding of cost and rates per region).
· Support the product benchmarking activities on the cost analysis.
You're the right fit if:
· Bachelor above Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering & Management, Technology and Operations Management, or similar degree
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience in cost engineering and value engineering
· Deep understanding of the commercial & technical aspects and financial impact in innovation & development projects
· Seniority in behavior and experience to move and inspire others on different levels
· Practical knowledge of innovation processes and hands on mentality
· Extended understanding of cost price and profitability calculation methods (incl. cost prices calculations, business cases, P&L, Balance sheet)
· Ability to quickly switch gears between detailed analyses and high-level processes.
· Proactively challenge the organization on cost related topics
· An ambitious team player with outstanding presentation and communication skills.
· Fluency in written/spoken English
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won't stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
• Learn more about our business.
• Discover our rich and exciting history.
• Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.