Senior Software Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Be an integral part of the defibrillator Monitor development group leadership team.
- Lead a group of product software development professionals who help save lives all over the world.
You are responsible for:
- Manage the software development team (coaching, mentoring, leading, hiring, performance management, compensation and resource planning)
- Operate as both an individual contributor and manager of the team.
- Manage the development of goals, objectives and strategies for the Software engineering team.
- Coordinate and manage resources to meet detailed project timelines and milestones.
- Influence and participate in the development of product and technology roadmaps and annual budgets, as well as deliver on project and budgetary commitments.
- Drive and support a culture of cross-functional teamwork and disciplined project structure and execution to achieve broader business goals.
- Overall software engineering authority in matters related to software system, act as a software leader.
- Develop skills and improve performance of engineers in the team. Ensure good communication within the team and between other engineering teams and other functional areas.
- Assist with the definition of test criteria and ensuring test plans are completed.
You are a part of:
- Leadership team in our defibrillator Monitor development group within the ECR Business Innovation Unit (BIU)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BS in electrical/software engineering required, MS in electrical/software engineering is preferred.
- 10+ years of strong, Software development experience
- 3+ years in a technical leadership position
- 3+ years of experience with medical device and agile development is preferred.
- Act as a technical leader in one or more areas: digital circuit, BSP development, firmware development, application development, reliability design and testing and architecture design.
- Proficient in C/C++ program.
- Familiar with IEC-62304 standard and software life cycle processes.
- Continual improvement focused, self-directed and creative.
- Strong ability of writing the report of issue analysis and presenting the report across team in English
- Good command of English and Chinese Language is required.
In return, we offer you:
- A rewarding career, supportive atmosphere and positive work environment in which you will lead your talented, passionate team to develop life-saving medical systems.
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won't stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
• Learn more about our business.
• Discover our rich and exciting history.
• Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.