You are a part of a global, multidisciplinary design team within Philips Oral Healthcare. The majority of designers – Design Leader, Product designers, Communication designers, UX Designers, Service Designer, Color, Material and Finishing - are based in Bothell, Washington, USA. You’ll directly report to the Design Leader of Philips Oral Healthcare, who in turns reports to the Business Leader of Philips Oral Healthcare.
You are responsible for
• Work with Consumer Marketing Managers/Product Managers, Market Intelligence, Research and Development engineers to create new or locally relevant propositions and see the projects through from concept to launch.
• Work with Design Leader and global design team to align on brand design identity and portfolio coherence.
• Participate in analysis and research activities of the team to gain deeper people, business and market insights, to be synthesised as input for design solution creation.
• Provide creative direction on a category level for Local for Local, Local for Global projects and orchestrate solutions and experiences across touchpoints.
• Initiate, scope and oversee design projects in accordance to Philips processes.
• Hands on design and realization of designs through to production.
• Influence and create enabling conditions for success, including design process improvements and delivery strategies.
• Lead a creative team and coach individuals for performance and development.
• Team up with other designers to deliver calibrated design quality across Oral Healthcare.
• Collaborate with local business and R&D stakeholders to inspire with design strategies and thinking
• Foster design quality and standards – ensuring category compliance and design excellence (in collaboration with the Design Leader)
• Ensure overall process compliance, suggest improvements where relevant.
• Provide performance management for key direct reports across all competence areas, coaching the design team towards high performance.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a consumer and customer-first attitude and the following:
• At least 7 years' design experience in a relevant field - especially Product Design
• Experience in leading a multidisciplinary design team
• Very comfortable in working with senior marketeers, senior business stakeholders and market representatives, speaks their language
• Able to manage stakeholders within own and other functions
• Demonstrates clear business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit and fact-based decision making
• Ability to think in total solutions and experiences, cross functionally and cross touchpoint
• Strong hardware product design competence, and proficient with interaction design and communication design considerations.
• Strong collaboration and facilitation skills
• Organized and skilled in bringing structure and resolution to conflicting requirements
• Ability to define and articulate Design Vision, frameworks and guidelines.
• Proficient in Standard Mandarin and English (written and spoken)
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won't stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
• Learn more about our business.
• Discover our rich and exciting history.
• Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.