Product Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to be
- A Product Quality Engineer within our Hospital Patient Monitoring (HPM) team. The QA/QE engineer is responsible for driving quality to ensure products or services are designed and produced to meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations. Participates in the change management process to assure the products or services continue to meet customer requirements. Uses data sources to identify opportunities to improve quality. Participates in cross-functional teams with other business and engineering disciplines. Provides independent oversight and review of the project deliverables throughout the product lifecycle.
You are responsible for
- Ensure that design meets compliance standards, reliability and quality management system requirements.
- Ensure design processes compliance to PQMS procedures/work instructions, including local process/procedure development as appropriate.
- Responsible for quality planning of local design control management system e, transfer and maintenance.
- Design review as a core team member and / or independent reviewer)
- Take part in risk assessment activities as a cross-functional team member including product risk, FMEA and PFMEA.
- Responsible for Verification & Validation activities (planning, execution and deliverable) review and approval for confirming design outputs comply with requirements of design inputs and traceability.
- Be responsible for change request review, including judgement for final disposition of defect tracking.
- Responsible for DHF Review
- Ensure the of deliverable Design transfer sufficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for Design and/or Device Master Record change review & approval
- Product quality improvement and assist in problem solving.
- Support Post market risk analysis
- Accountable for performing timely quality engineering and quality assurance tasks provides assistance ensuring Manufacturing quality systems are maintained and documented.
- Participate and supports the completion of NPI and Product transfers in the factory.
- Report on product timelines and tracking of products transfers.
- Performs validation protocols and coordination of production builds to support validation activities.
- Analyze data for reports and validation activity as well as process improvement initiatives.
- Involve Leading other process Quality engineers.
- Leads single or complex validation and process improvement activities at one time.
You are a part of
- Professional PQE Team, with multiple team peers globally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: Bachelor degree, major in science or engineering discipline is preferred.
- Experience: More than 3 years’ experience in quality engineering or quality management in medical device industry. More than 2 years’ experience in design and development quality management for Class II & III active medical device
- Fluent in English and Chinese Languages is required.
- Competencies and Skills:
- • Sufficiently understand medical device regulatory and standards, especially for MDD 93/42/EEC or EU-MDR, QSR part 820, China GMP and ISO 13485.
- Appropriate awareness of medical device industrial standard, such as IEC60601, GB9706 and ISO 14971
- Be familiar with product design and development process & critical phase, prefer for IDP or CMMI etc.
- Be familiar with typical control measures and methodology for design quality and product quality, prefer for DFSS or GB.
- Prefer for knowledge of project management.
- • Strong logical thinking
- Prefer for the product knowledge of defibrillator or patient monitor
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won't stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
• Learn more about our business.
• Discover our rich and exciting history.
• Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.